Strategic plan for american red cross
Posted: October 13th, 2021
A strategic plan is about thinking, organizing, and predicting, based on thoroughly grounded research and documentation. From your previous coursework of developing an outline, conducting a SWOT/PEST analysis, and developing a budget, you have the basis for compiling a full and complete strategic plan for your chosen organization.
Your strategic plan must consider the appropriate elements, depending on whether your plan is for a program or agency in a government, for-profit organization, nonprofit organization, or hybrid organization. Accordingly, your strategic plan will recognize the priorities, goals, and objectives of the appropriate organization. Remember that a normal timeframe for a strategic plan is five years, and for a short-range plan up to five years.
For this assignment, create a strategic plan for your chosen organization. Your plan will have nearly all of the following components (headings), depending on whether you are preparing a public sector, private sector, civil society sector, or mixed (hybrid) plan. Include the following:
- Format Structure:
- Executive Summary.
- Board Authorization of Strategic Plan (in the case of a corporation).
- Organizational Description.
- Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Goals and Strategies.
- A. Action Planning (including objectives, responsibilities, and timelines).
- B. Description of Strategic Planning Process Used.
- C. Strategic Analysis Data (external analysis, internal analysis, and list of issues).
- D. Goals for Board Committees and Chief Executive Officer.
- E. Staffing Plans.
- F. Operating Budgets.
- G. Financial Reports (budgets, statements, etcetera).
- H. Monitoring and Evaluation of Plan (criteria, responsibilities, and findings).
- I. Communicating the Plan.
Your narrative for this assignment should include the following:
- Develop a realistic budget for your chosen organization.
- Explain what makes it realistic.
- Apply strategic planning theory to your organizational strategic plan.
- Explain which theories are most relevant to your plan, and why they are important.
- Assess the mission and vision relationship to expected outcomes for your chosen organization.
- Written Communication: Communicate your strategic plan by writing in a professional manner that exemplifies doctoral-level critical thinking and analysis in your paper. Do not just present a summary of the readings.
- Objectively evaluate and report on the findings of your research materials and the readings from the course.
- Make points that are logical, substantive, and relevant, based on the presented evidence.
- Avoid written errors that detract from the overall message.
- Clearly identify in your paper where you are addressing each grading criterion or part of the assignment.
- Length: The executive summary should be 750 words, with a minimum of 150 words per section of the plan, plus a reference section with citations.
- Number of Resources: Minimum of fifteen resources listed at the end of the outline in a reference section.
- APA Guidelines: Format resources and citations according to current APA style and formatting guidelines. Use APA-formatted headings and subheadings, as appropriate.
- Font: Times New Roman, 12 point.
All of the components are attached, I just need the material pulled together.