Posted: October 16th, 2021
1. Evidence for the theory of evolution includes all but __________ (Points : 5)
the fossil record.
biochemical similarities among all living things.
2. Chelonia mydas is the scientific name for the green turtle. Chelonia is the __________ (Points : 5)
3. Characteristics of prokaryotes include all of the following EXCEPT FOR: (Points : 5)
a single, circular chromosome
most commonly reproduce by asexual fission
having membrane enclosed organelles
small in size and can only be seen with a microscope
4. Protists ____________. (Points : 5)
are prokaryotic cells.
have a nucleus.
are most closely related to animals.
live in dry environments.
5. Viruses are __________ (Points : 5)
large in size.
6. Angiosperms produce all of the following EXCEPT __________ (Points : 5)
7. An organism is multicellular, has cell walls made of chitin, and absorbs its food. In which Kingdom does it belong? (Points : 5)
8. Dissolved sugar is carried throughout the plant in which tissue? (Points : 5)
9. Characteristics of animals include all of the following EXCEPT FOR: (Points : 5)
capable of photosynthesis
have the ability to reproduce sexually
10. Which of the following statements is TRUE? (Points : 5)
Mammals are invertebrates.
Invertebrates have a backbone.
There are more species of invertebrates than vertebrates.
Arthropods are the least abundant species.
11. Where is bile produced? (Points : 5)
the gall bladder
the small intestine
12. The sites of gas exchange in the lungs are the ____. (Points : 5)
13. The functional units inside of kidneys are the ____. (Points : 5)
14. ___ tissue allows a body to detect and respond to internal and external changes. (Points : 5)
15. Which blood vessels return the blood to the heart from the lungs? (Points : 5)
16. The relationship between a flowering plant and mycorrhizal fungi is an example of ___. (Points : 5)
17. Currently, the human population is nearing ___. (Points : 5)
18. Which of the following organisms would be found at the lowest trophic level of a food chain? (Points : 5)
19. Which of the following is not considered a density-dependent factor? (Points : 5)
An infestation of parasites on a deer population
Competition for nesting sites for bald eagles
Predation of cheetahs on a population of gazelles
A hard freeze on a plant population
20. A keystone species ___ (Points : 5)
nfluences the survival of several other species within a community.
never goes extinct.
has little impact on the ecosystem.
has the largest population in an ecosystem.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.