Posted: October 25th, 2021
Now that you have explored the relationship between spectral type, temperature and luminosity, you can further investigate these variables using with the simple animation at the bottom of the website:
To check for understanding, use the slider bar to answer the following questions below . Answers may be submitted as a text entry or file attachment.
What are the surface temperatures and colors of:
· a hot O2 star? __________________________
· a cool M3 red dwarf?______________________________
· a G2 star like the sun? _________________________
What is the spectral type of a star with:
· a surface temperature of 10,000 K ? ______________________
· a surface temperature of 5,000 K ? _________________________
What is the color of a star with:
· spectral type A0? __________________________________
· surface temperature 4,000 K? ________________________________-
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.