Posted: November 15th, 2021
3-2 FINAL PROJECT MILESTONE ONE: TOPIC PROPOSAL/THESIS
In Module Three, you will submit your thesis and exhibit explanation/overview to your instructor for
approval. Remember that the topic you choose must allow you to connect several works of art/design
objects by tracing a particular theme or concept in those examples. You must also include three of the
images you plan to use for your final project and provide full identification and citations for each
image. Make sure to cite these in MLA format.
First, review the Final Project Guidelines and Rubric. Then, write a short paragraph that (1) states your
proposed topic, (2) includes appropriate explanation, and (3) contains a strong thesis statement
(underline your thesis statement).
To complete this assignment, review the Milestone One Guidelines and Rubric document.
And, importantly, here are things to consider while you are making choices of at least 3 works of art
to discuss in your thesis proposal.
Consider social, political, historical issues that live on today, because you have to include at least one contemporary work of art. You will find that artists have been revealing and discussing the same thematic social issues throughout history. Here are some common eternal themes in the history of humanity: LOVE, RELIGION, MORALITY, MORTALITY, SEARCH FOR IDENTITY.
We can explore, for example: artists’ attitudes toward: poverty, war, race or gender issues, immigration, propaganda (war/capitalism); or, techniques and materials (development/changes); digital revolution as a result from Industrial Revolution.
When choosing your topic, consider:
• How do the works relate to one another? Is there a solid, not just superficial connection?
• Use careful thought and dig deep!
• If there is more than one culture, is the connection a shared theme or concept?
• Use materials, techniques, or themes as unifying ideas
• Consider that you are the viewer of the final exhibit. Does the exhibit teach the viewer anything?
• What is the main idea that you want your viewer to know about these works and their relationship to one another?
• See each work as part of a dialogue. What is it saying to us? How do we understand what it says?
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.