Homework: media misinformation | bio1000 | Capella University
Posted: November 17th, 2021
For this assignment, you will identify ways to evaluate media sources so that you can counteract medical misinformation.
To complete this assignment, do the following:
- Read “Counteracting Health Misinformation: A Role for Medical Journals?” In the article, the author suggests ways to debunk medical myths through journals and media outlets.
- Identify an agent (physicians, elementary or secondary schools, colleges or universities, editors, journals, or other health professionals) and decide the best way to counteract health misinformation.
- Find one or more additional sources to support your reason for choosing this method of counteracting health misinformation.
- Use the Media Misinformation Source Evaluation Form to evaluate the credibility of the article chosen.
- Write a 1– 2 page paper to support your decision, using the additional resource you found.
- Write your evaluation using correct grammar, usage, spelling, without mechanical errors.
- Submit your assignment. All assignments are due at end of the unit, unless otherwise specified.
Note: Your instructor may use the Writing Feedback Tool when grading this assignment. The Writing Feedback Tool is designed to provide you with guidance and resources to develop your writing based on five core skills. You will find writing feedback in the Scoring Guide for the assignment, once your work has been evaluated. Learn more about the Writing Feedback Tool on the course Tools and Resources page.
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Length: 1–2 double-spaced, typed pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
- Scoring guide: Refer to the assignment scoring guide to ensure that you meet all criteria.