Posted: November 18th, 2021
Since ratification of the U.S. Constitution, relations among state governments and the national government have grown to be much more interdependent. Whereas states once enjoyed greater autonomy (dual federalism), the additional demands placed on government (at all levels) has fostered an evolution of federalism, whereby the federal government now plays a much more pronounced role in local and state affairs, with respect to a whole host of issues (including healthcare, education, public safety, transportation, etc.). In 1,500 to 2000 words do the following.
1. Describe block grants, categorical grants, and unfunded mandates. How do they demonstrate fiscal federalism?
2. Explain which funding mechanism states prefer. Why? Which funding mechanism does the federal government prefer? Why?
3. Describe how both state and federal governments participate in the provision of medical care to low-income residents.
4. In Arizona, low-income residents receive healthcare coverage through the Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS). How is AHCCCS funded (e.g., categorical grants)? What are the eligibility requirements, and who sets them? How do the basic conditions set by the federal government constrain AHCCCS?
5. Assess the effectiveness of federal aid to state and local communities, particularly as it relates to healthcare coverage.
Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide,
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to turnitin
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.