Timken company case | Business & Finance homework help
Posted: November 18th, 2021
Please view attached file and provide the correct answers to the following questions ?
- How does Torrington fit with the Timken Company? What are the expected synergies?
- What is your stand alone valuation of Torrington?
- What is your with-synergies valuation of Torrington?
- Should Timken be concerned about losing its investment-grade rating? How do Timken’s financial ratios compare with those of other industrial firms in 2002? How would those ratios change if Timken financed the acquisition with debt?
- What is the price Ingersoll-Rand is likely to accept? Is Ingersoll-Rand likely to want a cash deal or a stock-for-stock deal?
- Should Timken go forward with the acquisition at all?
- If Timken decides to go forward with the acquisition, how should they structure the deal in terms of the price offered and the method of payment? What is the recommended bidding and negotiation strategy?