Business sustainability, corporate governance, and organizational
Posted: July 29th, 2022
The purpose of the project is to give you an opportunity to apply what has been learned about Business and Society (through course lectures, readings, research, and discussions) and expand research skills to analyze problems of an organization. Since professional acumen involves presenting to others, you are asked to participate in an individual presentation. The aim of the project is two-fold: 1) the project allows you to research and explore Business and Society concepts in-depth and 2) the project allows you to evaluate current concepts within Business and Society within an organization. The target organization is Jiffy Lube. Utilizing Business and Society concepts and the analytical skills you have developed in your career, you will present a Business and Society analysis based on research from an assigned chapter and the targeted company. Part 2: Refine the position. Use the the backgrround information to prepare a finaal report to address all components of the assignment. This report should be no less than 5-pages and no more than 7-pages of content. Imaged (graphs, charts, & images should not count towards your 5 pages of content – Title page and Reference does not count towards your 5 pages of content. You must have at least 5 references (At least 5 must be scholarly, peer-reviewed articles). All outside sources should be referenced and must be properly cite both in text and on your reference page. In addition to the 5 pages of content, a title page and references are required. This report MUST be in proper APA format.Write a – page background report based on the readings and concepts in Business and Society. You will address the topics introduced in the chapter and deliberate on aspects related to the target company.Components:
- Develop a comprehensive description of the Business and Society concept(s), which come from the chapter assigned. (who, what, why, when, where, how, how much?)
- Describe the history, theories, and examples behind the use of the assigned concept(s), as well as any positive or negative opinions or against the concept(s) for the target company.
- What societal benefit(s) do you see with the use of this Business and Society concept?
- Based on the topic, how does the targeted company manage finances, human resources, customer service, community, the environment, legal, economic, social, and culture aspects?
- Based on your topic, describe how customer service and ethics are linked?
- Identify how corporate leaders manage the concept? (answers may vary based on the topic)
- Identify at least one unsuccessful incident the company can improve upon. What could the leadership/company have done better? Provide a description of the incident’s background and how/why this Business and Society concept was applied unsuccessfully.
- Be prepared to discuss how this organizational concept is applied in your own workplace – or could be applied.
Structure your paper as follows:
- Cover page
- Overview describing the importance of the research topic to current business and professional practice in your own words.
- Purpose of Research should reflect the potential benefit of the topic to the current business and professional practice and the larger body of research.
- Review of the Literature summarized in your own words. Note that this should not be a “copy and paste” of literature content, nor should this section be substantially filled with direct quotes from the article. A literature review is a summary of the major points and findings of each of the selected articles (with appropriate citations). Direct quotations should be used sparingly. Normally, this will be the largest section of your paper (this is not a requirement; just a general observation).
- Practical Application of the literature. Describe how your findings from the relevant research literature can shape, inform, and improve current business and professional practice related to your chosen topic.
- Conclusion in your own words
- References formatted according to APA style requirements
- Content Knowledge & Structure (40 points): All of the requested components are completed as assigned; content is on topic and related to organizational behavior, critical thinking is clearly demonstrated (few, if any, direct quotations from the source in the paper); scholarly research is demonstrated; topics and concepts gained from the assigned reading and/or from research is evident.
- Critical Thinking (40 points): Demonstrates substantial critical thinking about topics and solid interpretation of materials and reflection.
- Clarity & Effective Communication (40 points): Communication is clear, concise, and well presented; scholarly writing is demonstrated; grammar, sentence structure, writing in third person, and word choice is used correctly.
- Integration of Knowledge & Articles (40 points): Articles used are current and relevant (preferably published within last five (5) years and MUST be from peer-reviewed journal article publications. At least five (5) peer-reviewed journal articles are examined and analyzed in the paper.
- Presentation & Writing Mechanics (40 points): Cover page, headings, in-text citations, page citations (page number citations required for specific information such as dates, years, list of items from article, names, numbers, statistics, and other specific information), and references are properly formatted.
Please Note : Plagiarism will not be tolerated. The paper must be written in your own words.