Unit 5 assignment – paper & presentation drafts
Posted: July 29th, 2022
For this assignment, prepare a draft of your final research paper. Use this time to integrate all of your work so far use your thesis and abstract created in earlier units. Use your outline to write the body of the paper and make sure to utilize and cite the sources from your reference list.
While your draft does not need to be a complete copy of your final paper, the majority of the content and analysis should be present at this stage. The more you provide, the more feedback you can receive from your instructor.
Here are the requirements for the final paper itself:
- The final paper is expected to be a minimum of 20 pages.
- An introduction that gauges the significance and value of the topic.
- A review of the literature pertaining to the topic so it’s clear that you researched existing knowledge (both theoretical and applied) to establish the context in which your paper is situated.
- A description of the methods or tools used in conducting your study, the process used to gather and evaluate information, and a narrative documenting the critical decisions made in crafting your argument.
- A reporting of results and a summary of the findings of your investigation. A conclusion that reviews how your paper speaks to the work that has already been done in the field, how it compares to works of others, and any recommendations that you feel are needed.
Up to 5 of these pages may include:
- Title page
- Table of contents
- Executive Summary–a description of the topic and its importance, the research question and how you have answered it, and what your results indicate. 250 words or less.
- A reference and appendices section citing all of the sources you used in your paper. References and Appendixes may exceed 1 page and the 5 page total when doing so is a consequence of the volume of either.
You will also prepare a draft of your presentation. This presentation should summarize the important components of your research paper, and most students prepare the presentation after they complete the draft of the paper itself. Presentations are an important medium to convey your ideas to others and are commonly used in the business world to report on new ideas, projects, and research.
While your draft presentation does not need to be a complete copy of your final work, the majority of the content and design should be present at this stage. The more you provide, the more feedback you can receive from your instructor. Here are the requirements for the final presentation itself:
- Presentation content will be customized to fit the content and goals of the project presentation should include 10+ PowerPoint Slides
- Present a minimum of 10 minutes, but no longer than 15 minutes
- Slides should be professional in appearance
The presentation should be designed with the assumption that the project is being presented to third parties who have not been involved in the project’s development during the term.
- Slides should include a summary of the project proposal and goal (1 slide)
- Brief summary of research (1-3 slide)
- A short overview of hypothesis/theory (1-2 slide)
- A detailed description of results/findings (4+ slides)
- Concentrate on practical applications 6+ slides this should be the bulk of your presentation (should be the bulk of your presentation)
- A summary of possible outcomes (1 slide)
Submit your draft paper and presentation as your assignment.