Posted: July 31st, 2022
1. (TCOs 2, 4, 5, 6) The idea that the assisted suicide of terminally ill patients should be allowed simply at the patient’s direction reflects what type of ethics?
2. (TCOs 1, 2, 7) What is the moral ideal of temperance?
3. (TCOs 1, 2) One of the common errors in Ethics is that of the hasty conclusions. Hasty conclusions consist of what?
4. (TCO 2) Prescriptive language is commonly used in ethics for what reason?
5. (TCOs 7, 8) Ethical Egoism proposes that all decisions should be made to…?
6. (TCOs 2, 4, 9) Free people are motivated toward forming social structures according to a social contract in order to overcome what problem identified by Thomas Hobbes?
7. (TCOs 3, 6) Agricultural biofuels are not properly a renewable source of energy in the environmental ethics debate. Which of the following also is not a renewable….?
8. (TCOs 3, 6, 7) The notion that the only thing good without qualification is a good will is attributed to whom?
9. (TCOs 8, 9) Which ethical concept is organized and directed toward following the greatest happiness principle?
10. (TCOs 3, 6, 7) Syllogisms in formal deductive logic are called “valid” when
11. (TCOs 1, 2) When choosing one course of action while working with a dilemma, the other courses of action are lost and become unavailable. This makes ethical choices in dilemma situations particularly what?
12. (TCOs 1, 2, 7) What is the role of conscience as Thomas Aquinas sees it?
13. (TCOs 2, 8) The rule or principle to be applied in making decisions is an example of which kind of ethical discovery process?
14. (TCOs 1, 2, 5) The Social Contract theorist whose troubled childhood was most clearly reflected in his theories was who?
15. (TCOs 3, 6, 7) Kant’s concern that people choose to observe universal laws as their duty is expressed through what actions?
16. (TCOs 2, 7, 8) Aristotle’s Ethics of Virtue have found modern application for business and industry through what practice?
17. (TCOs 2, 8) Professional codes of conduct serve what function for business….?
18. (TCOs 2, 7) Aristotle’s Ethical Doctrine of the Mean measured personal virtues on a scale that included the virtue itself, the excess of it, and the deficiency of it. If the virtue is COURAGE and the deficiency is COWARDICE, what is the excess?
19. (TCOs 8, 9) In personal or organizational conflict, what benefits accrue to all parties when a leader or consultant employees one of the ethical conflict resolution models of Wk 6?
20. (TCOs 1, 2) The Latin term a priori describes the origin of knowledge developed rationally, and the term a posteriori describes knowledge developed through observation and experience. What is an example of ethics is best described as discovered in an a postiori…?
1. (TCOs 1, 2, 3, 7) In support of TCO #7 and in the Week 7 discussions, you developed and placed into the threaded discussions your personalized ethics statement of what has become important to you in the practice of ethics as you have practiced ethics during the course…..?…..In answering, be sure to look at both sides of war: that is, a country defending itself…..
2. (TCOs 1, 2, 7) Analyze the following ethical situation using YOUR ethical philosophy. Read the situation and then in your answer, explain why this is an ethical situation, what the “issues” are, and how an “ethical” person would resolve them. Explain how YOUR ethical philosophy has helped you read a conclusion about how to resolve or analyze this situation. Employees’ worth to their employers may diminish before they are eligible for retirement……
4. (TCOs 1, 2, 4, 9) A first-term junior senator has placed a bill before the Senate that promises to correct tax inequities that affect thousands of workers. However,….. Identify and tell what ethical philosophy the senior and junior senators are using, if any. Now, use your ethical philosophy to analyze the situation. Explain how, using your philosophy…..?
5. (TCOs 5, 6) You work for a grocery store and a new manager is hired to oversee your department. He comes into your department (the butcher shop) and explains to you that for the past 6 months, your department has been losing money for the store because of the waste and spoilage going on from having to discard unsold meat and poultry……..Will you repackage the meat in the way he requested? Why or why not? Explain what ethical analysis you….
6. (TCOs 6, 8) Analyze your answer above using the Front Page of the Newspaper ethical dilemma resolution model. Show your steps.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.