Posted: July 31st, 2022
Identify the operational definitions in the following statements and discuss what, if anything, may be wrong with them: (1) smoking is bad for people’s health, (2) poverty causes crime, (3) children who watch more than three hours of television a day tend to be more hyperactive than other children, and (4) alcohol consumption is related to spousal abuse. Then try to transform one of the statements into a testable hypothesis with precise operational definitions.
Apply a sociological perspective to the social world
Initial forum postings should be a minimum of 250 words. Each student must also respond to a minimum of 1 fellow students’ postings; each response must be at least 100 words in length.
The Week 2 WSMP meets the following course objectives:
Weekly Supplemental Material Post
1) Find and post 1 piece of supplemental material (i.e. website, article, book, video, etc – NOT wikipedia) relevant to this week’s readings (see below for more detail).
2) Post a substantive forum discussion and comment to at least ONE other student’s supplemental material post, in this thread (by clicking reply)
Supplemental Material post must include:
1) a link or attachment for the supplemental material,
2) an APA formatted citation for the source of the material,
3) a brief description of the material, and
4) a discussion about why it is relevant to the week’s assigned reading – include at least 1 sociological concept (this should include identifying, defining (using the text) and then applying the sociological concept)
Initial forum postings should be a minimum of 150 words.
*********This week’s readings focus on Social Structure and Social Interaction, How Sociologists do Research, and Societies and Social Networks.
Place an order in 3 easy steps. Takes less than 5 mins.