Analysis of a merger or a acquisition
Posted: August 1st, 2022
An analysis of a merger or an acquisition. Much of the information you will need to complete this analysis can be found in the company’s annual report. You may choose any recent merger or acquisition (within the last 5 years). Analyze the success of the merger or acquisition. It should include the information listed below.
- Provide an introduction to the companies involved in the merger or acquisition. Include the companies’ background information and the reasons for the merger.
- Evaluate the financial statements of both companies (balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement).
- Evaluate the potential and actual risks that occurred during the merger and what the companies could have done differently to mitigate these risks.
- Discuss the companies’ management of human capital in the merger or acquisition.
- Evaluate the soundness of the company’s financial policies after the merger (e.g., capital structure, debt, leverage, dividend policy, enterprise risk management, and others.) based on the material covered during class.
- Include a synopsis of your findings, including your recommendations and rationale for whether the merger or acquisition was beneficial to both companies and your recommendation on best practices for moving forward.
Support your findings and recommendations with evidence from the annual report and at least five scholarly sources, such as the textbook, industry reports. APA format to cite and reference all sources, including any websites that were used to access company information.